Friday, February 12, 2010

Jillian Michaels and Survivor

I decided to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd yesterday. Will was home and Alyssa was sleeping and I knew that if I even attempted to step on the treadmill someone would be calling my name or wake up crying... so is the life of a stay at home mom....

I used to do Jillian's 30 day shred all the time last summer, and actually lost 8 pounds when I did it regularly. I havn't done it in months because when I was training for the half marathon, the trainer said that we should only run, not combine cross training or other workouts, because we wanted our body to focus only on the muscles we use for running.

Anyway, I did it. And when I was done was a little disappointed. Yes, the pushups part was hard, but I really did not feel like it was that challenging...

I stayed in my workout clothes hoping to run on the treadmill later. I picked up the girls from school, went to Michael's to get a green showboard, went to Costco to stock up on veggies, and then home to make dinner and have homework time so that we would be done in time for Survivor!!! Yay! Heroes vs. Villians.....


Ok, I must break away for a second to talk about how excited I am to see Boston Rob again!!! And James, he's such a cutie. And Amanda, Cirie, and Stefanie!!!!!!!! I love Stefanie! I cannot believe 30 pound Courtney is back and horsemouth Danielle. Who wanted them? Where's Ozzie? Tom aged A LOT! Colby is no longer good looking... Ummm... let's see Parvati always adds a little fun. And Jerri and Coach with a possible hookup??? Randi is as bitter as ever. Tyson is totally insane, my kids were laughing at his leopard print speedos. Sandra taking off Sugar's bra during the challenge was pretty b*tchy, but you go girl Sugar! Rupert is the same as always. This is gonna be a great season! I am so excited about it!!!!!

Anyway, after 2 hours of Survivor :) and trying to get Jessica to finish her homework and Emily up to bed, I was way too tired to run and gave up on the idea... still upset that I didn't have a good workout.

I was upset and annoyed......





until this morning......




when I woke up and went to the bathroom to pee....






and almost screamed as loud as I could as I sat on the toilet (I would have but Alyssa was still sleeping).






My ass was so sore!!!!



So I thank you Jillian Michaels for literally kicking my ass... all those squats did the trick whether I knew it or not...

That is why she is my hero.


2 comments:

  1. I thought you were screaming cuz there was more puke all over the place. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Jillian's DVD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete