Friday, October 9, 2009

Busy, Busy...

I've been busy with the kids since they are out of school this week. Wednesday we went to Konow's Corn Maze, about an hour away. When we got there I was worried that they would get bored because it didn't seem like there was that much to do. But, they had a great time and we stayed there for 3 1/2 hours. They girls each brought a friend, so I had 6 kids with me..... thank god it wasn't a big place and it wasn't at all crowded (most normal schools are in session). Here are a few highlights from our trip....

It took us almost 2 hours to get home due to some bad traffic, but the kids had so much fun they didn't care. We scrambled to get dinner together, and then Emily reminded me that I promised her a sleepover. So the girl I had just dropped off came back to our house. They played rock band, watched tv, played a few games, and then went to bed. Of course the sleep part didn't happen till 11:00.

Yesterday, was gross and rainy so we (with the friend too) went to the most expensive candy store a candy store to spend Emily's gift certificate that she got for her birthday. She got a jelly belly pillow and a bunch of candy.

Then we went to Chucky Cheese and played there for a while. After that was home, dinner, Survivor, and bed.

Of course, my life couldn't be that easy..... Emily always gets sick the day after she stays up too late. So around 10:45, while the husband was out of the house hanging with a friend, Emily throws up all of her dinner (I'll leave out the details) on the side of her bed, bathroom floor and sink, and as I'm trying to clean up, Alyssa starts screaming her head off. So I do the back and forth thing. When Jon comes home around 11:30, I ask him to stay with Alyssa so I can finish washing dishes and cleaning up downstairs. As soon as I turn the water off in the kitchen, I hear Alyssa freaking out. Apparently she was very unhappy with her daddy, and did not want to be in the same room as him. Jon ended up sleeping in Will's room, I got Alyssa back to sleep, and then breathed a sigh of relief and went to bed myself.

NOT a fun night.

But, it's over. And now I get to start a whole new day of fun today.


1 comment: