Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day Of Freedom School

My baby started school yesterday! Little Alyssa, 22 months old. The teachers told me that she was very adorable! I most definitely agree with them! I dropped her off at school at 9 am. She walked right in and started playing with the pegs at the table. I talked to the teacher for a few minutes and then decided to just leave because Alyssa looked happy and was busy playing. I talked to a few friends in the hallway and then went back to spy on her make sure she was ok before I left. She was washing the paint off her hands and looked pretty happy so I went home.

Talk about freedom!!!!! Woo hoo! Seriously, I never have time to myself.... for sure not during the day. I decided to go for a jog/walk on the bike path (after I filled out all the forms that I lied to the office about, saying that I filled them out months ago but forgot to bring them in).

Anyway, I think God was testing my germaphobia-ness cuz the cap of my water bottle fell on the street just one block from my house. Of course there was no way I was putting that cap back on my water bottle, so i took one more sip and tossed the bottle (into a garbage can, Orah). It was really hot and I was totally missing my water bottle, and couldn't even jog after a while because I was in desperate need of a drink. Four miles later, I got home, had a drink, and took a shower. Ahhhh... a shower, in the morning, after a workout, with no kids around....

Anyway, it was 11:30 and I was getting really excited to pick up Alyssa. I couldn't wait to see that sweet face smiling at me. When I got to school, I peeked in the window and saw her holding a little white cup.... finishing snack I guess. When the teacher opened the door, she threw the cup on the floor and ran to me, and gave me the biggest hug ever! She was covered in paint... it was even in her nose! On her t-shirt and her arms, but she looked totally precious to me!

She was rambling on and on in a language I couldn't understand except for nose and eyes. Then she saw a girl in her class walking with her grandma and pointed at her and smiled, which I understood to say, "Mommy, I made a new friend today!"









3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I'm so glad it went well (for both of you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that picture of her pushing the shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a garbage on the end of your block? :D

    So happy that Alyssa is enjoying school and you have some freedom. Now you can find time to make me an apple pie.

    ReplyDelete