Friday, May 14, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

I've kinda been down in the dumps about cooking and baking lately. I am just not enjoying it at all. I feel like it is just not fair to have to spend all my time buying all the ingredients, cooking the food, and washing all the dishes.... Oh and the worst part is deciding what to make. I have a house full of picky eaters.

Anyway, I woke up this morning knowing that I had a morning full of cooking and was miserable. But I decided to make the best of it. I took my kids to school,went back home and turned my kitchen into a night club. I turned on B96 and danced and sang along to all those trashy songs while I cooked. And you know what? It wasn't that bad.

I might have to do that more often.

I decided to make foods that everyone will love, so that they will remember how awesome a mom/wife I am.


This afternoon Jessica and I will bake personality cookies. We did it on mother's day and I saved some of the sugar cookie dough so we could do it again. We roll out the dough and use circle shaped cutters. Then we use sprinkles and chocolate chips to make the faces. Mini chocolate chips for the eyes, ice cream sprinkles for eyelashes and eyebrows, and lip sprinkles for the lips.... duh.

They were really cute when we made them last week. I was thinking of getting red and pink food coloring spray so we can make rosy cheeks....

Ok, gotta go make wontons (Jessica's favorite).

Anyone cooking anything good this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment