Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What Is That Big Thing?

I came home at 2 in the afternoon starving.

I hadn't eaten all day, unless coffee counts.

I had to help my grandmother clean for Pesach (Passover) and was annoyed that once again, I would not be able to work out while Alyssa was at school. But then I had a great idea, to drop off Alyssa at school and run to my grandparent's house. So that's what I did... Ran a mile to their house, cleaned out cabinets, washed and dried dishes, and put them away. Then I ran back to pick up Alyssa, and went to the grocery store. Good idea right? The running part?

Anyway, by the time I got home I was starving!!! I was trying to be good. I was warming up some soup I had made, but it was taking sooo long. And I was staaarrrvvving!

While devouring some mixed nuts I was wondering what the hell those big ones are, and why they are mixed in with the good ones? When you open a can or jar of mixed nuts, you look for the almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews... If you are really hungry you'll go for the peanuts... but what are those huge things? Like anyone is really gonna eat those enormous nuts? Maybe they are just filler. To add extra weight so they can put in less of the good stuff...

Whatever they are.... I will never be hungry enough to eat them.


*By the way, I googled images of mixed nuts, and they don't even put the big one in the pictures! But if you look closer, you can see one of those huge things hidden in the middle. It's kinda like Where's Waldo.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what nut you are talking about, but I do not know the name, and I don't like them either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're called Brazil Nuts. Don't ask me why I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Brazil Nuts.
    Blech!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_nut
    http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes/images/i-brazilnuts.jpg

    ReplyDelete